Monday, October 10, 2011

Octobrrrr
Some flippin's cold lately, had me feeling pretty down and out. No biking for the last month, but the weather cleared and was up to 24C (75 for you 'mericans) on the weekend. Got out a little with the boys. Took Jonah out for a 'date' on Friday night. Let's go for dessert somewhere Jonah, I say, what do you think about DAIRY QUEEENN??
J: I don't like ice cream or chocolate. lets just go to Walmart and get a Bey Blade.
M: we have to go somewhere and sit down, have a chat.
after driving around town, talking about not much..
J: lets go to Tim Horton's and get timbits for dessert.
Isn't that a classic. He got a vanilla dip and blueberry muffin, and to drink, a hot chocolate. It is chocolate after all, but in spite of that, he enjoyed it pretty well, after it became a cool chocolate.

I took Nate out on Saturday for a quick spin to McDonald's. He got a soft vanilla ice cream. He sat there, staring off into space, coming back to reality every now and then to share with me what had been happening during that time. His motto is: if you think it, you share it. It does not have to make sense. At all. In fact, at the end of your explanation, if your subject is left with that confused look, like they need more information to put the puzzle together, just reassure them with - "thats the way it is Dad, it is. Yep."

He asks me how many Walmarts there are in town. I say one. He says 'What?" (always). I say one. ONE!! UNO!! there is ONE/UNO walmart in town.
N: Uno??
M: yes. uno, it means--- cut off by this...
N: uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, neuve, diez. hee hee, haha. Dad! I was just talking in FRENCH!
M: hmmm....
N: was that FRENCH???
M: no, pretty sure that was Spanish. Did you learn that from watching Dora?
N: NO, you taught me. do de do...

I certainly didn't. How can you learn something like that and not know who you learned it from?

1 comment:

  1. haha Nate kills me. It's cute that you took them for dates, they sounded like fun!

    ReplyDelete