Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Boys


Its good to have Leah back with us. I'll have to admit I was a bit short handed. If you haven't been around the boys lately, you may not understand. The activity level is high, very high, and they take a certain pleasure watching you slowly suffer, doing your best to be patient and understanding (reminds me of those African Wild Dogs catching a Wildebeest... they just use their energy and numbers to worry the poor thing to death and then when it finally falls...)

Nate is a born trouble maker - revels in it. Jonah always has an organized, structured play area; everything is serving a purpose. Nate strolls into the room, his little chest stuck out, grabs a dinky car (not just any car, the white monster truck) and RUNS!! The thrill is over very quickly, and he is soon taken down, slapped into an armbar and relieved of his bounty. Jonah usually uses the 'tough love' approach. Nate hollers the whole time this is happening but heads back for another go in another few minutes. Its quite a circus.

Jonah - another level. totally. the kid has energy coming out his ears and spends most of his day being distracted by something greener. He has been enjoying helping me work on the basement. Too bad I couldn't see the fun side to receiving help from him, but he isn't content bringing things to me or getting me a drink of water.

Jonah: "DADDY, I WANT TO USE THIS THING (the chop saw), CAN I CUT WITH THIS... CAN I?? DADDY?!? WHAT?"
Me: what (looking around), no, NO!! don't hit the buuutttttooonnnn!!!

too late, he does it anyway. this is why its not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment